Friday, February 28, 2014

Our family of five


Well, with the surprise appearance of Ani and Pedro (two pretty awesome people I met last time I was here) a few days ago, and the arrival of my roommate Luci this morning, we realized last night that our original "family of five" will soon grow to over twenty. Before it does, though, I'd like to introduce you to the people I've been living with!

 (from right to left: Camilo, Abner, and I)

Camilo from Colombia is a philosophy major and at 21 is the baby of the family. His favorite TV show is Sherlock, and "no offense, but I like British English better." If he visits the US someday, he would like to go somewhere where there aren't any Spanish-speakers (good luck with that!).

Abner, Peruvian, is our token extrovert. While the rest of us are content to wander in generalities, he likes to plan and specify everything- kind of amazing and exhausting! He majored in psychology and will be teaching a research methods class at the seminary this semester. Also, if you hear some jazz riffs on the keyboard in the chapel, it's probably him. 

Daniel and Melisa 

Daniel is the deacon/dean of students here, which means he's in charge of just about everything! He is amazingly calm, even when playing futbol, and can make a mean meat and potatoes. He and his wife Melisa (both from Jujuy, northern Argentina) celebrated their first anniversary a month ago, and live in a small apartment above my room. 

Melisa is a God-send in many ways. She works at the seminary and is finishing up her last year in psychology, and is one of the most intuitive, sweet, and kind people I've ever met. She's one of 7 children and a year older than me, so she has been an excellent friend and older sister figure. Plus, she likes to give and receive back massages, so we speak each others' "language" quite well ;)

So, that's the original bunch of us- I'll be sure to introduce you to the rest as they arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment