Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mi pieza!

Dear friends,

A lot of you were asking me before I left what my room at the seminary would be like, and I wasn't sure how to answer until I got here. Mundane, but here goes!

My pieza is on the second floor of the seminary (if you don't count the basement), right of a narrow red staircase. The room is bigger than my Nora Chambers dorm at Lee (for those of you who don't know Nora rooms, they're slightly wider than a king bed, and a little longer), and only a little smaller than my bedroom at home, come to think of it. Since I was the first to arrive (my roommate's name is Lucila), I chose the top bunk and my mom's quilt makes it feel much more like home. There's a dresser and a half that needs fixing as soon as I can spare time, an open bookshelf, a rather nice desk, and two chairs. Wooden floors and stained white walls (there's a blotch that looks like Africa- I bless the rains...) complete the ensemble. All in all the feeling is semi-monastic and very simple!

So far there are five of us at the seminario (or semi): Abner from Peru (or was it Ecuador?) and Camilo from Colombia share a room on the third floor, and Daniel and Melissa, a young married couple from northern Argentina share a small apartment next to them. And me, the girl who talks funny and is no good at soccer ;)

Well, that's my pieza! I'll upload some photos later so you can see my new home =)

Love, Jill

P.S. What else would you like to know about my life here?

1 comment:

  1. Mom and I enjoyed your very descriptive post about your new home. We wish you the best. My favorite line was you having the quilt your mom made you to make you feel at home! Mom's quilts do that for you! :-)

    Love, Cousin Judi and Aunt Geri

    ReplyDelete