Monday, May 12, 2014

Why you should celebrate your birthday here

Be jealous, y'all, because I just had what may be, empirically speaking, the best birthday ever.* Here's why, and why you too should celebrate your coming of age at Sebima (seminary, Buenos Aires).

Razon #1 Surprises that aren't really surprises.
When they turn out the lights in the dining hall, you know that can only mean that a cake is coming. And when they call you out of the dining hall, under whatever pretext, even if you haven't finished your cake, be prepared to get soaked.

Razon #2 Surprises that are legitimately surprises.
Like having flowers show up via my roommate, or having pancakes (complete with PEANUT BUTTER) with a complete American-style breakfast. Or hearing rain on the roof in the morning.

Razon #3 Asado.
Plus the nearly thirty people in the dining room who ate together with me. Stomach and heart...so full.

Razon #4 The biggest cake I have ever seen outside of TV.
Which makes for delicious breakfast leftovers. Daniel and Luci ARE the cake bosses.

Razon #5 Random hugs/kisses/birthday wishes/prayers/songs throughout the day.
Plus 'happy birthday' in an Argentine accent just sounds cool. 

Razon #6 The best kind of gift
Which, if you know me like these guys do, is words. In addition to chocolate and a book, I got so many kind notes from so many people. I am indeed ridiculously blessed and spoiled.


*Just add _____________ (your name here). I missed you, and you would've enjoyed the celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment