Friday, December 5, 2014

When you're not sure what to say...praise

One of the many birthday water wars- Luci's!
Tomorrow is graduation day for the seminary, and while I have a very lot in my heart to ponder and reflect on these past ten months, I'm having a difficult time putting any of it into words (ironic, especially on this blog I named 'jilliteracy').

What do you say to the friendships, the late nights, the prayers, the tears, the theophanies, the endless rounds of tea, the green tub that's just the right size for washing feet, the wonder of it all?

What do you say when your eyes and your heart is full with and because of the goodness and faithfulness of God?

You praise.

And so, without further ado, here are two songs the English class wrote about a month ago, in their second language and more eloquently than most. Enjoy...

Jesus is the Lord
Holy holy my God
You cleanse my sin
You are Almighty King
In the cross with the blood
You conquered the dark
Forgave my sin
I adore you King of kings
-Franco and Gaby
(around the circle): Tatiana, Diego, Agustina,
me, Gaby, Franco, Jhony, Raul, and Abner

I walk- you are there
You smile- it's for me
Your grace within me
Your life saved me
With my heart I will sing to you
Because you forgive my sins
I put my hope in you
Because you are my Savior
-Tatiana, Diego, Agustina, and Raúl



Around the world we sing of your love.
We feel like the earth also cries out for your presence.
Because you are life, shelter, comfort and those who trust you will not be ashamed
You're close, you're our friend
You are loved by those who know you
Because, you are true and  just 
Storms, winds, nothing can extinguish the fire that you sow in our hearts...
-Melisa and Zoraida




No comments:

Post a Comment