Saturday, December 27, 2014

So...how is Argentina?

I'm gonna take a wild guess that sometime in the next weeks, you may ask me this question. And I, in my jet-lagged brain, will likely respond something profound like: "how's Argentina? It's pretty good" Which is not what either of us really mean to hear/say after nearly ten months of being a continent away. In other words, I need to work on a 2 minute pitch that sums up life for a year with 20 other people teaching, studying, and ministering; because otherwise, like most things...it's a long story. And since I want to hear your stories, too, I'll keep mine simple:

I came to Argentina in February thanks to a connection I'd made in college with a seminary in Buenos Aires. I studied Theology, taught English, gave free hugs, turned 23, drank way too much tea, talked on the radio and at a youth retreat with no voice, painted a cardboard boat and took it to the park, wore very tall shoes to graduation, and spent Christmas with my awesome roommate Luci. The plan at the moment is to go home a few months, return in March 2015 to finish up classes, leave a solid English curriculum to whoever teaches next, hopefully travel some, and come back stateside in August to get a Masters degree somewhere for free (GRE went very well, praise God, so I figure if it's meant to be, it'll be gratis). God has been very good to me, so I think I'll stick with Him and listen to whatever ideas He might have about these next months/years/however long I get to enjoy this crazy earth.

Yep, that's pretty much it!

Seminary in 2012, my first visit to Argentina

English class, in philosophy
Free hugs in the park


Oddly, it was really hard to find a picture drinking mate.
This is my friend Natalia

"Divine Geniuses", the youth conference I got to help with

The "Jesus Cruise", a skit in Plaza Armenia

Pastor Zoraida (from Peru), and me
in her very tall shoes!

Me and Luci (plus Carina and Fernando) at a HS graduation
in Cordoba last week


No comments:

Post a Comment