Monday, July 14, 2014

That one time I wrote a post at 2:30 in the morning...

Welcome to the Cave.
For most of the day, the lights have been out, and I've been napping, attempting to eat a banana (still haven't finished it), watching movies, laughing at Chuck Norris and Mascherano facts, and otherwise being anti-social in my stomach bugginess. So now, at 2:29 Tuesday morning, I am wide awake and writing a blog post. ABOUT NOTHING IN PARTICULAR.

And what, you may ask, does nothing in particular sound like, in no order whatsoever?

1. Gratitude beats whininess any day of the week (even a sick-missed-my-flight-Monday). I am thankful for...
-Melisa, who gave me a back massage
-Everyone at the seminary who has put up with my anti-socialness, brought me a banana, and otherwise looked after me.
-The fact that there is toilet paper in the bathroom again
-Hot water in bottles and thermoses and showers

2. Northern South Americans (this sounds oxymoronic, but it's not) point at things with their faces, not their hands. Kind of confusing sometimes. Try to trace the direction of the chin tip or 'kissy-lips' to figure out what on earth they're talking about.

3. 'How to Train your Dragon' is excellent. So is listening to 'Hey Jude' on repeat.

4. I'm plotting ways to avoid going to the hospital tomorrow. The easiest one would be to get better, but I'm sure there are others.

5. It's Bastille Day. Or, at least it was yesterday. Vive la France! And, even though it's not from the same era, standby for the 'Les Misérables' soundtrack.

6. It just thundered.

7. Yep, that's pretty much all I have to say for myself. Good night/morning! 

4 comments:

  1. I like número dos, I do it all the time. How did you notice? afv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it just so happened that there were two Colombians in the kitchen yesterday morning and they were pointing at various things as they made breakfast. My brain picks up on odd details when it's in a fever-fog.

      Delete
  2. Find comfort in the verse, "The effectual, fervant prayer of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much." Lots of people are praying for your full recovery, Jill. Hang in there! You are loved! Aunt Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aunt Judi! It's good to know that I have people far and near who love me and are praying for me. Also, I woke up feeling a bit better this morning =)

      Delete