Sunday, October 26, 2014

Five random firsts

By now, most of you have seen that I got my ears pierced- just another one of many first time experiences I've had here in these past month. I realize that since I don't get to talk with you most days, these firsts which would normally come up in conversation...don't. So, without further ado, some debatably notable "it happened in Argentina" moments:

1. That one time I bought mint-smelling soap thinking it would make me smell "fresh". Reality: it makes showering smell like a cough drop. Yum?

2. Or when I sold pancakes advertised as waffles because a) the waffle iron broke  b) most people here don't know the difference between pancakes and waffles and c) we were raising money for a speaker. Best quote from that day? "I have no idea what a waffle is, but I think I need one". Yes, yes you do.

3. Going to a guest lecture event here means that, about 5 minutes into the presentation, everyone breaks out the mate and yerba. This works well for coordinated people who can multitask. For me on Tuesday, I spilled the hot water and tea all over the floor and my bag. They told me they would never invite me out again. I think they were joking...

4. Today when I couldn't pronounce the word 'biodegradable' and sheepishly passed the bags out with a 'y'know, good for dogs and stuff'.

5. Singing 'Let it Go' at the top of my lungs in the park in front of a big cardboard boat. (The skit went well- thanks for your prayers!)

Just some happy, random moments of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment